Last Updated: November 23, 2020
This site is not intended for use by persons under the age of 13
Wholetones, Inc. (“we,” “us,” “Wholetones”) values its relationship with you. We’ve created this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) to let you know about how we obtain and use personal information relating to you. This Privacy Notice applies to the Wholetones websites (https://wholetones.com and http://wholetonesmusic.com) and any mobile application we operate that links to this Notice, as well as any email and mobile text message alerts we send (collectively, the “Services”). By using any of the Services, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice covers the following topics:
- Why We Need Your Personal Information
- Personal Information We Obtain
- Information Sources
- Use of Personal Information
- Sharing Personal Information
- Information Security
- Third Party Services
- Notice to California Residents
- Notice to Visitors from Outside the US
- Notice to Visitors from the European Union and the UK
- How to Access to Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Third Parties
- Children’s Information
- Contact Us
Why We Need Your Personal Information
Wholetones collects, processes, uses, and shares your personal information primarily to:
- Fulfill orders for goods and services,
- Connect with our customers and prospects,
- Support our data processing activities, and
- Better understand our target market and customer needs, concerns, and interests so we can improve the Wholetones experience, products, and services, and operate optimally as a business.
You can choose to not provide certain information or allow certain technologies to gather information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of our Service features.
Wholetones is generally considered to be the data controller for the personal information that we collect from our Services. Our service providers who have access to your information to perform services on our behalf are generally considered data processors for the purposes described in this Notice.
Personal Information We Obtain
We may collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact Information, such as first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, company name, username, and password for our websites and mobile applications;
- Transaction Information, such as products or services purchased, received, or considered, signature, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, shipping and billing information, company name, and transaction history;
- Device and Activity Information, such as device identifier, IP address, usage information, computer and connection information, browser type, operating system, page views, traffic to and from the website, visit frequency, content viewed or posted, email interactions, advertising data, and other standard weblog information collected via cookies, web beacons, and related tracking technologies;
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address;
- Consumer Information and Characteristics, such as demographic information, information about well-being, family, friends, referrals, affiliates, households, or pets, medical information, veteran status, occupation, communication preferences, user profile or inferences drawn from purchases, search queries, browsing history, communications with us, reviews, comments, photos, and other information you post to our social media pages or other online forums or that you provide to us via courier or postal delivery, messenger, telephone, or offline (in person) such as at events, trade shows, or conferences; and
- Information Not Otherwise Specified, such as de-identified information or as described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information relating to you is provided by the following sources:
- Directly from You: We collect information you provide to us when you contact us, order products, services, or information, participate on social media or in a contest, survey, or affiliate or referral program, register for an activity, account or service, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices.
- Third Parties: We acquire information from sources such as service providers, application providers, data resellers, and public databases. We collect information using data analytics tools, including when you visit our Services or use our applications or social media pages on third-party sites or platforms. We also collect information from ad technology partners that in turn collect the information via tracking technologies. We may receive your personal information when you participate in social media pages or events.
- Research and Development: We may combine information about you from the above sources or with information of others in an effort to better understand our customers and target markets and improve our products, services, and business.
Use of Personal Information
To achieve the purposes stated above, Wholetones may use the personal information we collect to, for example:
- Provide you with the products, services, and features you request, view, engage with, or purchase;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about our Services or changes to our policies;
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services;
- Enroll you in contests or offers you request;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- Provide you with newsletters and targeted advertising;
- Operate, understand, test, research, analyze, optimize, develop, or improve our websites, applications, products, services, marketing, and business processes; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or agreements or be illegal, comply with court orders or legal process, or engage in legal matters and proceedings.
Sharing Personal Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We will not share your personal information with others except as follows:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, conducting research, providing marketing or operations assistance, providing technology services and support, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, providing legal and accounting services, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes or share it except as we direct in accordance with the terms of this Notice.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Wholetones, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Wholetones and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Wholetones, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose to not share the information. You may withdraw your consent at any time by calling +1-888-866-3740 or emailing [email protected]. To opt-out of receiving our newsletters, click the unsubscribe option at the end of our emails or login to your account to change your preferences,
Once you or we share your personal information with another entity, such information will become controlled by that third party and becomes subject to its privacy practices.
- Your entire credit or debit card number is sent to the appropriate credit card company or bank during order processing, but we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order.
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to help protect transmissions of your payment card data over the Internet. You can confirm that SSL is in use by looking at the URL line of your browser—the first characters of the site address will change from “http” to “https.” If you are using a browser or firewall that does not permit communications through secure sites, you may not be able to make purchases on our Web site.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the Internet, you should contact us at [email protected] or using the toll-free number listed on the Site.
Wholetones may periodically delete personal information that is part of a user account, transaction records, or customer support tickets.
Third Party Services
Notice to California Residents
The provisions of the Privacy Notice describe the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share it, and with whom we share it. The additional disclosures in this section are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household. Personal information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
- Categories of Personal Information Collected. The personal information that Wholetones collects, or has collected from California consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this notice fall into the following categories established by the CCPA:
- Identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, email address, IP address or other similar identifiers;
- Personal information, such as a credit card number or other payment information, signature, medical information, education, employment, physical characteristics or description;
- Age, gender, or other classifications protected by California or federal law, for example if you send us a picture or testimonial containing such information;
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, or contest or event registration or attendance activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information regarding interaction with a website, application, advertisement, or content, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details;
- Biometric information, such as a voice message left on our customer support line;
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information, such as images and videos collected from our social media pages on third party platforms;
- Geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- Professional information, for example data you may provide about your business if you are an affiliate or partner; and
- Inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose. In the last 12 months, Wholetones has disclosed the above categories of personal information to our Service Providers to carry out our business purposes, such as order fulfillment, payment processing, customer service, operations, technology services, research and development, affiliate management, sales and marketing, and legal matters.
- No Sale. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Notice, Wholetones has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the CCPA. We hold Service Providers with whom we share your personal information to these same terms we promise you and do not allow them to use that information for their own direct marketing use. We do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or cookies.
- No Discrimination. Wholetones will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
- Right to Know and Delete. California residents have the right to request that Wholetones:
- Disclose the specific pieces of personal information we have collected, the business purpose of the collection, and categories of personal information, sources, and third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed.
- Delete the personal information you have provided.
You may exercise these rights yourself or designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. We may need to verify your identity and that of your authorized agent (if applicable) before processing your request. Such verification measures may include collecting additional information, such as a government issued ID, or written permission from you to your authorized agent to make requests on your behalf.
To make any of the above requests, send an email to [email protected] or call toll free 1-888-TONES40 (888-866-3740). California law may regulate the frequency of our obligation to respond to a consumer request as well as how much and what type of data must be provided.Californians Under 18. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this Notice is posted, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to [email protected]. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
- Notice to Visitors from Outside the US
Our website is hosted in the United States, and the Wholetones team and third parties to whom we disclose your information (as set out above) may be located in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Privacy Notice and take appropriate steps to ensure that recipients of your information are bound to duties of confidentiality and where applicable we implement measures such as standard data protection contractual clauses to ensure that any transferred information remains protected and secure. A copy of these clauses can be obtained by emailing [email protected].
Notice to Data Subjects from the European Union and the UK
This section of the Privacy Notice applies only if you use our website or Services covered by this Privacy Notice from the United Kingdom or a country that is a Member State of the European Union. Wholetones is the data controller for processing of information defined as personal data under applicable data protection law ("Personal Data").
- Basis for Data Processing: We process Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice as described above. Our legal basis to process personal data includes processing that is: necessary to perform a contract between you and Wholetones (for example, to provide you with the products you purchase and the Services you request and to identify and authenticate you so you may use the website or app); necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable accounting rules and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement); necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you, to improve the website and our Services, and to promote our products and Services to you); and based on consent by our customers (for example, to communicate with you about our products and services and provide you with marketing information), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time by emailing [email protected] or calling +1-905-761–4558 without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. In some instances, you may be required to provide us with Personal Data for processing as described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice in order for us to be able to provide you all of our Services and for you to use all the features of our Services.
- Your Rights: You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your Personal Data. Requests should be submitted by email to [email protected]. If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, contact us at [email protected] so that we can update or correct our records. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable law.
- Wholetones has its headquarters in the United States. Information we collect from you will be processed in the United States, and by using our services you acknowledge and consent to the processing of your data in the United States. The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 41 of the GDPR. Wholetones therefore collects and transfers to the U.S. personal data only: with your consent, to perform a contract with you, or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of Wholetones in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Wholetones endeavors to apply suitable safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your personal data and to only use it consistent with your relationship with us and the practices described in this Privacy Notice. We also enter into data processing agreements and model clauses with our vendors whenever feasible and appropriate.
- European Union and UK residents may object to or request the restriction of processing of their Personal Data, and request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of their Personal Data. Requests should be submitted by email to [email protected]. To change or correct inaccuracies in your information, contact us at [email protected].
How to Access Your Personal Information
You may access your account/order information for the limited purpose of viewing and, in some cases, updating that information. Customer support tickets may be accessed by logging into your support account at https://wholetones.freshdesk.com/support/home.
You have the following choices concerning use of your personal information. Note that when you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Personal Information: You may choose not to provide information, though that may affect our ability to provide you with a service, product, or feature. If you have established a user account in connection with one of our Services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that we maintain about you through your account settings.
- Location Information: Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Transaction Information: You may update order information by emailing us at [email protected].
- Commercial Messages: You may subscribe to receipt of news, offers, solicitations, and information from us by emailing us at [email protected] or by indicating your preference on your product order page. Once subscribed, you may unsubscribe from our email by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing us at [email protected] or by indicating your preference on your product order page. You may subscribe and unsubscribe from our commercial text messages by following the instructions in the text. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective. Also note that your request not to receive unsolicited commercial emails or text messages from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial messages.
- California Residents: Please see the Notice to California Residents.
- EU Residents: Please see the Notice to Data Subjects from the European Union and the UK.
- Write to Us: You can tell us your preference or make a request for information about our practices by sending an email to [email protected].
Our Services are intended for a general audience and are not designed for children under 13 years old. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our databases. If you would like to learn about how to protect your children online, visit the FTC at http://ftc.gov/kidzprivacy.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We may update this Privacy Notice periodically to reflect changes in our privacy practices. Changes will become effective upon posting the updated Notice, which will include an effective date at the top of the notice.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: Toll Free in the US & Canada: 1-888-TONES40 (888-866-3740)
Phone: Outside of the US and Canada: +1 905-761-4558
Mail: 7040 Seminole Pratt Whitney Rd. #25-143 Loxahatchee FL 33470
Text Marketing and notifications:
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initialising a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 6 a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.”