Last Updated: June 1, 2018
This site is not intended for use by persons under the age of 13
Wholetones, Inc. (“we,” “us,” “Wholetones”) values its relationship with you. We’ve created this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) to let you know about how we obtain and use personal information relating to you. This Privacy Notice applies to the Wholetones websites (http://wholetones.com and http://wholetonesmusic.com) and any mobile application or online service we operate that links to this Privacy Notice, as well as any email and mobile text message alerts offered by Wholetones (collectively, the “Services”). By using any of the Services, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice covers the following topics:
Personal Information We Obtain
Use of Personal Information
Sharing Personal Information
Notice to Visitors from Outside the US
Personal Information We Obtain
We gather information about you from multiple sources
When you engage with our Services, we may ask you for the following types of personal information:
- Contact information, such as first and last names, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Unique identifiers, such as a user name or password;
- Demographic information, such as gender or age;
- Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Comments, photos, and other information posted on our social media pages or other interactive online forums;v
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; andv
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
The information we learn from customers helps us fulfill product orders and continually improve your Wholetones experience. You can choose not to provide certain information or allow certain technologies to gather information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We may collect information you provide while using the Services or give us in any other way. You provide most such information when you buy; participate on social media or in a contest, survey, or affiliate program; or communicate with customer service. Examples of this type of information include but aren’t limited to your name, addresses, email, phone number, user name and password, payment information, demographic information, and communication preferences.
- Information You Give Others: We may collect information about you that you’ve provided through our service providers or other third parties, such as content of emails, reviews, social media posts, testimonials you write, or contact information of persons you refer to us.
- Automatic Information: We may use common technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help track your use of our Services, recognize you when you return to the Services, store items in your shopping cart, or save your preferences. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser or mobile device by websites, mobile apps, and advertisements that you access or use. This data is stored on your browser or mobile device and helps websites and mobile apps to remember things about you to improve your experience with the website. Through these technologies, we may collect information such as browser/operating system; web pages viewed; length of time a page was viewed; sites visited prior to coming to our site and path taken through our site; email, offer, and link actions; and, when using our mobile app, location and unique identifier for your mobile device. Web beacons may also allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. Consult the Help section of your browser to learn more about how to manage these technologies.
We use automated decision-making technologies, including profiling, to support our data processing activities. Our automated decision-making capabilities include logic that will send triggered messages based on customer data or behavior. Using this logic helps us provide a better customer experience to you, such as enabling you to receive messages (such as email or a phone call) based on data you have provided (such as during a support session, chat, or social media post) or a behavior in which you've engaged (such as watching a video).
Use of Personal Information
Information about you is used for commercial business purposes
We use the information obtained through the means above to optimize your customer experience and improve our products and business practices. For example, the information we collect and compile may help us communicate with you, create and manage your account, respond to your product orders and requests, process payments, enroll you in contests or offers you request, improve the customer service experience, improve our products and services, develop new products and services, refine the usability of our online services, determine the effectiveness of advertising, customize advertising, make emails more useful and interesting, and provide you with location-based services such as advertising and other personalized content. We may also share your information as described below.
Sharing Personal Information
Information about you is shared with others
Our affiliates may share personal information among themselves. In addition, we may share personal information with other entities, including in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host websites and mobile applications, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for us, or provide certain other components of websites, mobile applications, or mobile alerts). We do not authorize service providers to use or disclose the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf. In such cases, collection and use of your personal information will be subject to their own privacy notice and practices, but we will treat it in accordance with this Privacy Notice to the extent it comes into our possession for processing.
- Analytics: We may allow third parties to collect information in order to provide us with analytics. For instance, we may use analytics tools provided by Google to help us understand how people use the Services. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools at http://www.google.com/analytics/ .
- Affiliate Program: We have an affiliate program in which third parties may refer customers to us for compensation. When you click a link to our site that is posted by an affiliate, or make a purchase through that affiliate, customer information related to those transactions will be shared with that affiliate.
- Marketing & Promotions: We may share your personal information with select third parties for their marketing purposes. We describe below how you may choose to instruct us not to share personal information about you with our marketing partners.
- Ads & Direct Mail: We may contract with third party vendors to provide ads to our customers on our behalf via the Internet or to send direct mail to customers whom we think may be interested in our products or services. In order to do so, such vendor may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website using a cookie and may then pool the anonymous information collected from our website with other sources of information, which may include your name and mailing address, for purposes of determining whether you might be interested in receiving direct mail. To opt-out of receiving our direct mail or catalogs, you may email us at [email protected] or call us at 855-400-2278.
- Business Transfers: We may share personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a license, sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your personal information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process in response to a request for cooperation from a court, law enforcement, or other government agency, and to comply with our other legal obligations.
- Other Circumstances: We may disclose your personal information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- Your entire credit or debit card number is sent to the appropriate credit card company or bank during order processing, but we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order.
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to help protect transmissions of your payment card data over the Internet. You can confirm that SSL is in use by looking at the URL line of your browser—the first characters of the site address will change from “http” to “https.” If you are using a browser or firewall that does not permit communications through secure sites, you may not be able to make purchases on our Web site.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the Internet, you should contact us at [email protected] or using the toll-free number listed on the Site.
Third Party Services
Notice to California Residents
If you use this website, you have agreed to allow us to share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes until you remove your information. You have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you or your family for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. You also have the right to know if we respond to do not track signals or cookies. We do not respond to such signals or cookies. You may request additional information about our compliance with this law by emailing [email protected]. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer per year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
Notice to Visitors from Outside the US
Our website is hosted in the United States, and the Wholetones team and third parties to whom we disclose your information (as set out above) may be located in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Privacy Notice and take appropriate steps to ensure that recipients of your information are bound to duties of confidentiality and where applicable we implement measures such as standard data protection contractual clauses to ensure that any transferred information remains protected and secure. A copy of these clauses can be obtained by emailing [email protected].
Notice to Visitors from the European Union
This section of the Privacy Notice applies only if you use our website or Services covered by this Privacy Notice from a country that is a Member State of the European Union. Wholetones is the data controller for processing of information defined as personal data under applicable data protection law ("Personal Data").
- Basis for Data Processing: We process Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice as described above. Our legal basis to process personal data includes processing that is: necessary to perform a contract between you and Wholetones (for example, to provide you with the products you purchase and the Services you request and to identify and authenticate you so you may use the website or app); necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable accounting rules and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement); necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you, to improve the website and our Services, and to promote our products and Services to you); and based on consent by our customers (for example, to communicate with you about our products and services and provide you with marketing information), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time by emailing [email protected] or calling +1-905-761–4558 without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. In some instances, you may be required to provide us with Personal Data for processing as described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice in order for us to be able to provide you all of our Services and for you to use all the features of our Services.
- Your Rights: You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your Personal Data. Requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, contact us at [email protected] so that we can update or correct our records. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable law.
You may access information posted to social media pages (unless it has been removed) and to your account/order information for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
You have the following choices concerning use of your personal information. Note that when you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Personal Information: You may choose not to provide information, though that may affect our ability to provide you with a service, product, or feature. If you have established a user account in connection with one of our Services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that we maintain about you through your account settings.
- Location Information: Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Transaction Information: You may update order information by emailing us at [email protected].
- Commercial Messages: You may subscribe to receipt of news, offers, solicitations, and information from us by emailing us at [email protected] or by indicating your preference on your product order page. Once subscribed, you may unsubscribe from our email by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing us at [email protected] or by indicating your preference on your product order page. You may subscribe and unsubscribe from our commercial text messages by following the instructions in the text. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective. Also note that your request not to receive unsolicited commercial emails or text messages from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial messages.
- California Residents: If you are a California resident, you may request, up to one time each year, information about our sharing of personal information about you with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In this regard, our policy is that we will not share personal information about you with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you instruct us not to do so.
- EU Residents:: European Union residents may object to or request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data, and request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your Personal Data. Requests should be submitted by email to [email protected]. To change or correct inaccuracies in your information, contact us at [email protected]
- Write to Us: You can tell us your preference or make a request for information about our practices by writing to us at the address specified in the Contact Us section below.
Our Services are intended for a general audience and are not designed for children under 13 years old. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our databases. If you would like to learn about how to protect your children online, visit the FTC at http://ftc.gov/kidzprivacy.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 7040 Seminole Pratt Whitney Rd. #25-143 Loxahatchee FL 33470